Thursday 19 August 2010

Festival of Quilts - Birmingham

I am back from my first ever trip to the Festival of Quilts at the Birmingham NEC.  WOW - it was amazing, I found it overwhelming at first.  Expect a few posts about it but for now just some sneak pictures.  (And if my husband is reading, these bags do not contain far too much fabric that I bought!)  For the rest of you pictures of said loot to come!


This is the Amy Butler part of the Rowan stand - I met her, she was lovely and signed a copy of her new book for me.


There were lots of amazing quilts entered in the competition - this one really caught my eye - its Avocado and Pink Rosalind Gregory & Joan Herrington and is called Where have all my shirts gone? and is made from recycled men's shirts.

1 comment:

  1. It looks wonderful! I'm so peeved I couldn't go, I just don't have the spare cash after the wedding and I couldn't possibly go and not purchase lovely lush fabric!! Hopefully next year!!

    Looking forward to seeing more pictures xxx

    ReplyDelete