Friday 22 October 2010

Bee Blocks

I am finally caught up and ahead on all my Bee Blocks.  In Bee Quilted I made as my Sept/Oct block for Marlynn.  This was a real challenge for me and I had put it off for ages because I was scared of applique.  Marlynn had a great set of instructions on how to applique and I found it really straightforward.  I really like the look it gives and might try it on a quilt soon (though probably a simpler shape like a heart or circle!).


This Bee is Quilt as you go and the Oct/Nov block (see how caught up I am!!) for Lucinda was a log cabin made out of gorgeous Alexander Henry and Keiki fabrics.




For Fresh Modern Bee 2 the October block was for Danielle who requested blocks made of squares from this selection of fabric.


We have really similar tastes in fabric (I particularly love Wonderland) and I love working with these fabrics.  These are the blocks I came up with - I liked the idea of the blocks being window or frames for the fabric:


I am really struggling to get good photos with the light at the moment - its dark when I leave and get home from work.  I can't wait until the clocks change so I don't have to get up in the dark!

No comments:

Post a Comment