Saturday 5 February 2011

Slow Quilting Progress

I have spent a lot of time in January working on one of my Unfinished quilts.  I finished this top in June last year but haven't been able to motivate myself to quilt it.  I had this Amy Butler print picked out months ago for the backing.


I decided to outline each ampler block 1/4 inch from the seamline and then outline some of the shapes in the quilt also a 1/4 from the seam line. 



This makes for very slow quilting, lots of turning and starting and finished and pulling threads through.  But the quilting is finished and the binding (purple and green fabric below) is ready to attach.  Hopefully my first finish of 2011 is not too far away.


I can't wait for Spring if only so I can take better photos of my quilts - any tips?

1 comment:

  1. Looks Great! I love that backing fabric and I too have a sampler quilt that I don't have any idea what to do for the quilting. I keep going back and forth on what to do. This looks really good!

    ReplyDelete