Saturday, 1 February 2014

Thomas' Quilt

My very good friend from work, Lauren, had a lovely little boy 3 weeks ago and today I got to meet him and hand over his quilt in person.


When I offered to make Lauren a quilt for the impending arrival I asked if she had nursery colours in mind.  She sent me this photo which I hope I matched well. Terrible weather this morning meant not very good photos!




In the middle of January I started with this selection of fabrics and finished hand stitching the binding down last night.



Fabric: Safari Soiree by Dan Stiles for Birch Fabrics, Kona Snow and Aqua Sketch
Pattern: Little Man from Camille's Simplify book



Linking up with:

Lily's Quilts































13 comments:

  1. Very cute, I'm sure she loved it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt! Love the sloths too! Great job matching fabrics to that inspiration picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These fabrics are just adorable! What a wonderful quilt you've made and I love the back too. I am sure it will be treasured for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love the back! I think your color choices were perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You matched it perfectly. What a gorgeous quilt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great match for the colour scheme, lovely quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute quilt and I love the back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning, love the colors teal-ish with orange. Love. Following!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, over from Lily's quilts! Gorgeous quilt! Lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a perfect match to the picture! That pattern is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautiful. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colours are perfect! It is going to look so amazing int he nursery.

    ReplyDelete